blog template

May 30, 2017

Not a Card?!

What do you mean I can't make a card?!  But I always make a card...I am breaking out in a cold sweat!  Our challenge this week at Crafty Sentiments is to make something other than a card.  This is always very hard for me.  I have my go to layouts for cards that always get my creative juices flowing, but it is so much harder with other types of projects.  I love seeing everyone else's gorgeous creations though!

I love Apple's product packaging, so I keep all of the boxes and things that my Apple  items come in.  So I pulled out an old phone box and started thinking.


I had already colored my image, so I found some paper to match and covered the top of the box.


The paper didn't completely reach both sides of the box lid, so I grabbed some pretty trim and attached it.  Then I grabbed some contrasting ribbon, so flowers and gems and it came together pretty quickly.  I used Love's Basket for my box lid and thought it made a pretty all occasion image.  The image was colored with Copic markers and cut out using the Silhouette.  I used a little clear Wink of Stella on the hearts in the basket.  It adds the perfect touch of shimmer and shine.

You have a chance a winning some awesome Crafty Sentiments prizes for playing along.  If you are chosen as the winner, and you have used a Crafty Sentiments stamp or image, you win even more prizes!  So if you have them, pull them out!


I can't wait to see your anything but a card projects.  I am going to take notes so I won't have to sweat so much next time!

Box measures approximately 6.25 x 3.375"
Spellbinders Luscious Labels One dies
Spellbinders Sentiments One
Recollections trim
Recollections gemstone flowers
Recollecitons enamel dots
I Am Roses flowers
Ribbon from my stash





1 comment:

Céline said...

oh wow, love it, fab idea
hugs
céline