blog template

June 15, 2016

More Summer Inspiration

Wow!  What a crafty week it has been already!  And here it is Wednesday and time for another Crafty Gals Corner challenge!  The challenge this week is Summer Fun.


I used Aurora Spring Butterfly from the East Wind for this project.  She is colored with Copics and cut out using the Silhouette Cameo.  The digi actually had dots and bubbles, but I added the enamel dots and sequins where those were instead.  I just loved the idea of laying in the grass and watching the butterflies so I wanted to give that feeling without creating an actual scene.  I printed the word "dream" onto a scrap piece of card stock and then used the die to cut it out.  The die is from Spellbinders and is actually a speech bubble.  I just cut off the little tail to make it into a cloud.  I saw these used on someone's project and loved the stitched look.  The enamel dots I used actually started out as pony beads.  I melted them in the oven (whew! what a smell) and they become the perfect shape for enamel dots.  The size of the dot is determined by the size of the bead you start with.  I have also seen people use perler beads for the same purpose.  You can find a number of tutorials online for the process.

We have two generous sponsors this week: The East Wind and Sassy Studio Designs.  You can click the badges below to head over to the shop.


Prize of 3 digital images

and


Prize of 4 digital images

Let's see your summer projects!

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"
Spellbinders Conversation Bubble Four
A Muse Studio Landscape dies
A Muse Studio sequins
The Ribbon Girl lace
The Bead Gallery butterfly bead
Stampin' Up! ribbon
Flowers and enamel dots from my stash



3 comments:

Marjeta said...

Lovely card. Image is so super.

Marjeta

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Rae Ann! Such a DELIGHTFUL creation! Lovely lace, and your little daydreamer is beautiful! gorgeous coloring and shading! hugs, de