blog template

May 30, 2013

Fun Color Challenge



Do you find yourself using the same colors for every project?  The challenge this week will help you step outside of your creative comfort zone.  Use the inspiration picture to create the palette for your challenge project.

Love the colors in this picture.  More importantly, I can imagine myself sitting in that chair right over there!


As soon as I saw Funky Flower Hat, I knew it would be perfect for this color challenge.  I colored it with Copics, which proved to be a challenge as I didn't really have blending pairs in the colors I wanted to use.  Luckily, letting the ink dry and coloring over the top with the same color helps to create the shading.

I cut strips of cardstock 1/2 inch wide and embossed them with various embossing folders to create the background.  I doodled some stitching to set off each strip.  The mat was created by tracing around the outside of the die that I used because the next die was too big.

The giant button was actually the lid for a container of buttons that I bought at Michaels.  I saved them because I just knew I would find a use for it one day!

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, D'Vine Swirls, Argyle, Textile embossing folders
Ribbon from my stash




No comments: