blog template

February 21, 2013

Seeing Spots!

If you venture over to the Meljen's Designs blog today, chances are you will be Seeing spots!  Your challenge should you choose to accept it is to use dots on your project.  Don't forget!  You must use a Meljen's Designs image in order to play along.


I used the image Little Baby Dragon and paper pieced him with some cute polka dot paper.  I used Copics to give his diaper a little shading.  I wasn't thinking and used plain white paper to piece his diaper on.  That was almost a nightmare in the making!  The Copics wanted to bleed really badly.  And that was after I had pieced all of those little bits!  Luckily, I realized what was happening before it got out of hand.  Definitely need to think that through next time.

I embossed the background with, you guessed it, dots!  I added a little eyelet lace and twine and called it done.

Card measures 4.25" x 5.5"
Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Doily Circle
Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles
Cuttlebug Dots embossing folder
Stampin' Up! Mini Mates stamp set
The Twinery Peapod twine
Eyelet lace and charm from my stash




No comments: