blog template

March 27, 2011

Punches and Bingo

The challenge this week at Meljen's Design was to use punches on your project.  My inspiration came from My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Mabel Papers. 



In the end, I only used one small piece out of the paper stack. 


The image is from Meljen's Designs and is called Little Girl Bear Hugs.  You can find the image at the Whimsy Stamps store.  I created the background by spraying Tattered Angels Glimmer mist in Patina, Tuscan Sun and Latte on a piece of white cardstock.  I punched around the edge with Martha Stewart's Eyelet Lace punch around the page set.  I created the flowers using more glimmer mist cardstock and the Boho Blossom punch from Stampin Up'.  The leaves were punched using a Marvy flower punch.  It is hard to capture the sparkle and glimmer of the glimmer mist, so I took a close up of one of the flowers.


The challenge this week at The Shabby Tea Room is to play bingo with your project.



You have to use any three elements in a row in any direction.  If you use all 9, you are entered into a drawing for some shabby seam binding.  I managed 5, but just couldn't get all 9!  My rows are gems-glitter/glimmer/ribbon and gems/flowers/punch/diecuts.

Card measures 5" x 5"


4 comments:

Trees said...

What a lovely card, those flowers are so pretty and that image is so cute! Thanks for joining us at the Shabby Tea Room this week.

Unknown said...

Great card! Love the big bow! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!
Marlena:)

Anita said...

Very cute card. Love the bow and pretty flower. Thanks for joining in the Meljen's Designs Challenge this week.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the details you included.


~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**