blog template

January 26, 2011

You Light Up My Life

The challenge this week at Meljen's Designs is Pink and Red.  I struggled a bit with this card.  My head is stuffy and it appears is blocking my mojo.  It ended up being very simple, but since it is for my hubby and he doesn't like a lot of bling, I guess simple is best.  I tried some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist for the first time.  So yeah...discovered what a complete mess it can make...but even though you can't see it in the picture there is a bit of a sheen to the background.  I used the DeNami Design A94 Mini Heart to stamp the background.  The Meljen's Designs image is a freebie called Little Light Bulb.  You can find it on the website.  The sentiment is computer generated.


I colored the rhinestones to match using a Copic marker.  If you do this, make sure to let them dry for some time before you touch them!

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"



3 comments:

Anita said...

Fantastic card. I love your layout and the sentiment is so perfect. Thanks for joining us in the Meljen's Designs Challenge this week.

Sprytebyrd said...

Great card! I love the background behind the image, so cute!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is soooooooo cute, I love it! Thanks for visiting me on the Denami blog hop as well!