blog template

January 26, 2011

Black Cheep

The current challenge at DeNami Design is to create a card based on this sketch.  The sketch was created by their awesome design team member, Laurie.

This is my interpretation of the sketch.


I didn't put a sentiment on this card, because I am waiting for some inspired idea to pop into my head!  But since my head is a bit stuffy, it may take a bit of time!  I used the B90 Chickie and used Sparkly Fluff from Our Craft Lounge on the black chickie.  I colored the others using the So Saffron Stampin' Write marker.  I also used the N133 Polka Dot Background.  I embossed the small square with my Cuttlebug using the Birds and Swirls folder.  I grabbed some brads and ribbon from my stash to finish it up.  Now to find the perfect black cheep to send it to!

Card measures 5.5" x 4.25"


7 comments:

Michele Gross said...

EEEEkk!! How cute!! Love that row of chickies!! I'm thinking that DeNami's "Hang In There" would be a super cute sentiment ;) Great take on the sketch and so glad you joined us at The DeNami challenge!

Paulina said...

Rae Ann, this card is so cute! I love the row of chickies you created! Great job on the sketch- so glad you were able to join us!

Lisa Petrella said...

Awww...this is cute! Love that row of chickies, the gray and yellow combo, and the embossed panel! Thanks for playing along with the DeNami Sketch Challenge!

Andrea M said...

Holy moly! How ADORABLE!!! Cute little black cheep!!! What a fantastic card! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along in the DeNami sketch challenge!

Laurie said...

OH how cute!! I love the little black cheep! So fun!! Thanks for playing along with my sketch!

Unknown said...

Maybe a get well card.... not feeling like yourself. Super fun card, great job with the sketch.

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness! These chicks are so adorable! I love your creative card.